How to Use an Old Smartphone?
The obvious one is using an old Smartphone as a spare phone, for yourself, a family member or a friend (you may wish to get rid of your personal information first!). Phones can be repaired, misplaced, lost, stolen or faulty so it is a good idea to have a reliable spare. I usually bring my spare with me on travels, holidays or short breaks. I would not like to have no phone for a few days in an unfamiliar place, remote location. Makes me wonder how we used to cope before they came along!
• A Skype handset
• A messaging device (use wifi with your usual messenger)
• A dedicated GPS
• Turn your smartphone into a portable gaming device
• A media remote control
• Experiment, have fun with a new rom or even a new operating system
• A spare small camera
• A spare or a dedicated MP3/FM Radio/video viewer
• A gaming station – saves the battery of your current phone 😉
• An eReader
• A back up for your current phone